Are you ready for some artsy fun!?! Let's create a innovative "hello" greeting card using Mason Row's Just a Note stamp kit and Pegz! I will share a couple of fun techniques that I hope you'll use over and over again!
Here we go!
1. Stamp only a border onto a 2" watercolor paper circle.(the beauty of the Mason Row's stamps is the versatility!)
2. rub distress ink pad to transfer a good amount of ink onto craft mat
3. spray water onto the ink to create a distress ink watercolor
4. water color with distress ink onto the stamped circle for a painterly look.
5. drip some droplets of water onto the painted circle to create a cool bokeh effect
6. blot with a paper towel
8. scrunch the damp doily in your hand to create an even more distressed look-lots of cool wrinkles.
9. flatten and dry with your heat gun
10. for the card base, layer a few coordinating patterned papers onto a white cardstock base.
11. rub a glue stick onto card base and adhere doily to the upper half of card
12. begin layering lots of fun pieces of interest, starting with a horizontal banner then the stamped circle in the center of the banner.
14. with Pegz, stamp Hello into the center of the watercolored circle-with the same ink color, for lovely continuity of color.
15. Finish with a few darling popped chipboard elements and Taa daa!!!!!
supplies-Mason Row Just a Note Stamp kit, Pegz alphabet stamps, Jillibean Soup Summer Red Raspberry soup collection, Ranger Peeled Paint Distress Ink pad, Xyron glue stick, foam squares, Bazzill cardstock,
I hope that this little card and it's techniques have inspired you to create a greeting to brighten someone special's day! Remember it is still National Card and Letter writing month! Let's do our part to not only spread happiness, but support the United States Postal Service!
I make art everyday and hope you do too!!!!